The International Classic Film Market is made possible by:
In partnership with
With the support of
For its lunches and cocktails, the MIFC thanks Maison Louis Latour
The Centre National du Cinéma et de l’Image Animée (CNC), launched in1946 is a state organization under the authority of the Ministry of Culture and Communication. Frédérique Bredin is the president of CNC. The main CNC missions are :
- To sustain the film, audiovisual, video, multimedia and technical industries economy. The CNC handles the state funds for the film and audiovisual industry as well as the grants from the Ministery of Culture and Communication.
- Promotion of film and audiovisual and their diffusion to all audiences
- Preservation and promotion of heritage cinema.
Federating the creative industries, the Lyon metropolitan area offers aconcentration of companies in the field of imaging: video gaming, animation and cinema give Lyon visibility and an important place on the national- and international scene.
Centralizing 40% of the French industrial activity in digital entertainment, Lyon is also known for its strong concentration of companies and jobs in France, second only after Paris Ile-de-France. Loyal to our history and our patrimony – the birthplace of cinema – the Metropole of Lyon supports the development of the companies in the imaging sector on its territory. Across its numerous talents, it is our identity and a true “made in Lyon” which emerges. The Lyon Metropole has chosen to support the movement. This ambition has already resulted in the creation/setting up of the IMAGINOVE Competitiveness Cluster in 2006, an important support towards the Pole PIXEL (which today houses more than 100 companies, representing 600 jobs in the sector of the cinema, the audiovisual, the web, video gaming, communication and new medias), through the creation of international meetings dedicated to the imaging industry and the support directed towards companies in the Lyon agglomeration.
With more than 42.000 jobs in 700 companies, the Lyon region is one of the major hubs in the world in the digital industries and a major player in the European information community. The Classical film market, an key meeting for the professionals in classical cinema from all over the world, a true incubator open to all professionals from the sector (producers, distributors, networking, business…) enrich our territory making our Metropole more creative and audacious caring for its talents, its know-how and its taste for innovation.
Partner of the Institut Lumière, the Lumière Festival and the International Classical Film Market, the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes Region has a strong ambition for cinema and cultural industries on its territory.
The ambition of the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes Region is divided into five main priorities:
- A region leading by its talents, supporting authors and producers from writing to film production, with the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes Cinéma for feature films and the Fund for Creative Aid for Audiovisual, short film and new media
- A region leading by its economy, which is based on five clusters and territories of excellence, unique in France in Annecy, Clermont-Ferrand, Lussas, Lyon and Valence
- Make the cinema accessible to all, thanks to the great diversity of cinemas in the region, and an important network of festivals and cinemas
- Develop image education throughout the territory, for all audiences,
- To transmit and share a common cinematographic heritage with the cinematheques and exceptional archives of the region, from the first films Lumière to contemporary creation
Known worldwide for its Golden Globe Awards ceremony held every January and its donations to charities, the Hollywood Foreign Press Association had origins in 1943. Today, the members of the HFPA represent some 55 countries with a combined readership of more than 250 million.
The mission of the HFPA is:
Ficam is a professional organization with 150 member companies covering all of the technical skills and professions involved in industry: manufacturing, rental of production equipment, studios, laboratories, special effects and image post-production, sound recording and post-production, dubbing and subtitling. Ficam is a veritable source of bargaining strength, representing, promoting and defending the national and international interests of the creative technical facilities. Over the last few years, Ficam has successfully lobbied for a number of measures in favor of technical service providers.
The SACD has been society of authors since it was founded in 1777 by Beaumarchais. It gathers more than 57,000 authors from Cinema, Audiovisual sector, Theatre, Dance, Circus, online creation… It defends and manages their rights, supports them in their professional life, provides dedicated services and support creation, diffusion and training through cultural activities financed by remuneration for private copying. The SACD is also present in national and international organizations to protect authors and their works and defend their status and compensation.
Ce site nécessite l'utilisation d'un navigateur internet plus récent. Merci de mettre à jour votre navigateur Internet Explorer vers une version plus récente ou de télécharger Mozilla Firefox. :